Childcare, Holiday Club and Wrap around Care
The Mulberry Room
The Mulberry Room is the childcare provision of Grandpont Nursery School and Children’s Centre and provides year-round childcare for children aged from 1 to 7 years in a welcoming and nurturing environment.
We are open from 8am until 6pm throughout the year, closing for a week each August and December, all bank holidays and 3 training days.
We recognise that parents/carers are their child’s primary educators and we work closely with them to ensure their child’s needs are met. Both the Mulberry Room and the Nursery School follow the EYFS to support children’s learning and development.
In the Mulberry Room, we aim to provide:
- A warm, caring and stimulating environment
- High quality childcare from dedicated, experienced staff
- A safe, happy and family-friendly environment
- Good communication between staff and parents/carers
In Blossom Room where the under 3’s are based, sessions are booked throughout the whole year. Once children reach 2½ they gradually transition to the over 3’s with children who attend Nursery School, with the option of booking a place in the holidays if required.
The staff to child ratios are as follows:
- 1 adult to every 3 children aged under 2 years old
- 1 adult to every 4 children aged between 2 – 3 years old
- 1 adult to every 8 children aged 3 – 7 years old
The Mulberry Room compliments the excellent practise provided within the nursery school and our aim is that both parents/carers and children enjoy the security, warmth and peace of mind it provides.